Quick, committed and professional, Duncan Tappy has built an enviable reputation as the complete racing driver – as fast on the track as he is hard-working off it, talented as both a racer and a coach, and an articulate media performer and spokesperson for his sponsors.
A past winner of the Formula Ford Festival and British Formula Renault title, he has since showed his versatility in a championship-winning career across a wide range of series.
Updated on Updated on May 21 2018
Duncan first burst onto the scene in 2005, earning a remarkable thirteen consecutive race wins in Formula Ford and dominating the prestigious Formula Ford Festival at Brands Hatch where he faced stiff competition from international Formula Ford rivals.
Progressing to Formula Renault UK, he was shortlisted for the McLaren Autosport Awards and was made a British Racing Driver Club ‘Rising Star’ in the summer of 2006. The next season saw him team up with Fortec Motorsport to claim the UK Formula Renault Championship title with ten impressive wins.
Since then, Duncan has earned titles, race wins and podiums in a wide range of championships. Highlights include:
- AutoGP team champion with DAMS and third in the drivers’ championship
- Blancpain Endurance Series Pro-Am Driver of the Year
- Victories and podiums in GT Asia, Superleague Formula, British GT
- Two-time member of Team GBR in A1GP
News and photos archives
Read the race reports and see the photos from Duncan’s career.
- Behind the Scenes
- Stars of the Future: Coaching
- LMP3: The Road to Le Mans
- Sportscars: GT racing
- Teamwork and silverware: AutoGP
- The Beautiful Race: Superleague Formula
- Quick and versatile: highlights from across motorsport
- Flying the Flag: A1GP’s Team GBR
- Champion: Formula Renault (UK)
- Early years: Formula Ford and karting